Droning routines, and a lot of them, that’s every day and every one’s story now days. And I have not been an exception.
However there are few people and incidents, sometimes familiar n anticipated and sometimes not-so-usual, which not only bring me out from the daily ennui but also leave a smile on my face.
This post is dedicated to everything n everyone who have helped (knowingly/unknowingly) in making sunny and brighter my otherwise dull days.
1. A lie from my darling hubby that after putting on some 6 kgs in last 6 months, I still look the same
2. A friend’s call at midnight who’s feeling nostalgic after seeing our college time pics (yeah, I at times don’t mind waking up in half of my sleep too)
3. An uncle in his sixties, passing by,hands in hands with his wifey,… (well,what has age to do with the romance?)
4. A girl ,sitting next to a b oy on his motorbike, cuddling him gently(My hubby says that couples on bikes are happier than couples in four wheelers, and such incidents make sure to keep our belief firm :-))
5. An adoring mom who doesn’t even let 24 hours pass by after we spoke and makes another call with a dismayed tone “Bhul gayi mujhko??” (“Have you forgotten me??”).There are always few benefits attached to a Filmy mother, I tell you, along with a big tag saying handle-with-super –care ;-)
6. Pictures of cute little kiddos of friends and acquaintances on several social networking sites... There can not be anything more beautiful than the feeling of parenthood.
7. Anyone who says “you seem to have lost some weight”….this one makes any woman’s day…doesn’t it??
8. A hug from my grandmother… and the way she makes her favoritism towards me obvious…I can’t explain the pleasure I experience after looking at the faces of my poor siblings at such times!! (I know you hate me for saying it Suchi n Abhi :-P)
9. Washroom gossip sessions with friends in office…. Many a times, we go inside with full of frustration and come out realizing that others are facing even worse…and then there are other times when all the annoyance disappears while discussing (read bitching about) some hot extra marital, somebody’s foul language or awful dressing sense and some despos who we plan to give a gift wrapped rakhi.
No matter what it is, it always leaves me rejuvenated and relieved!!
10. A small note saying “well done” ….. after acting as a super-woman whole day, managing everything right from the morning breakfast on time till meeting official deadlines… a simple “u did it well” makes a lot of difference…be it from anyone or for anything…it just makes all the efforts worthwhile.
That was a quick sneak-in into my laundry list.
So, what’s that made you smile today??